[strongSwan] Strongswan stats.

Pawel Grzesik pawel.grzesik at brainstorm.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 10:54:20 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I have a quick question about statistics on strongswan. I’m trying to check values (bytes in and bytes out) per tunnel and it’s kind of problematic.
My first choice was to get all of those values from iptables but the problem is that if I have vpn tunnel with the same peers I cannot say which rule is for which tunnel.
So my second choice is actually command ipsec statusall but sometimes those values are not in the same position.
For example sometimes I have bytes_o but I don’t have bytes_i or otherwise, so it’s more difficult to just grep those values by awk/cut. I guess I will need
to use regex on it? But maybe there is more comfortable way that using regex?

Thanks,
Pawel