[strongSwan] questions on mac os x

Cindy Moore ctmoore at cs.ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 19 07:20:29 CEST 2014

A last question here: on that conn ios (quoted below), there's the
following entry
  rightcert=clientCert.pem

But how does it know which certificate in the Mac OS X keychain is the
one matching that file name?  I packaged up clientCert.pem and
clientKey.pem into a client.p12 file, which did install correctly
(plus the server cert and the root cert) or at least it shows all the
various info in it.  But nothing anywhere in the keychain does it show
the old filenames generated back on the [ubuntu] vpn server for this
client.  How does it know to match this up with the entry in the
keychain?  Woudln't something like rightid="C=CN, O=StrongSwan,
CN=client-id" be more likely to match info in the keychain?

Thanks