[strongSwan] Connecting to Strongswan using the Native Android IPSec VPN Client

Hay, Ben (EG Consulting) ben.hay at hp.com
Mon Sep 15 12:32:00 CEST 2014

Hi Everyone

I am attempting to connect to a Strongswan VPN server using the native Android IPSec client in Android 4.4

I have used the Strongswan client as the connection works fine.

When looking into the native android client, its says it can do an advanced ipsec vpn connection. (accessed by going to settings > more settings > VPN > Advanced IPSec VPN) However when I install a certificate (as I want to used ikev2 certificate authentication), the certificate is not visible / available in the app.

I have installed the certificate which is perfectly visible to a Strongswan client but when I click the certificate choice in the native android client it come up with nothing, does anyone have any ideas why not, or if I should be using a different method to connect to a Strongswan server.

Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Regards

Ben Hay
Technology Consultant

EG Consulting

ben.hay at hp.com<mailto:ben.hay at hp.com>
T +447833048826
Hewlett-Packard Ltd
Amen Corner
Cain Road
Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HN
England

Planned Holiday

22nd December 2014 - 1st January 2015

[HP]<http://www.hp.com/>

Please print thoughtfully

Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender.

To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated you should consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".