[strongSwan] Colliding subnets, NETMAP and charon/pluto

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Sun Sep 14 16:55:08 CEST 2014

Hi Noel,
do you have a practical example for this? I added mark_in=2 and
mark_out=3 in the configuration but after restarting everything I don't
see any lines like "mark 2/0xffffffff" in the output of "ip xfrm policy".
I'm not wedded to any particular method to accomplish this so what I'm
really interested in is given a working Tunnel that looks like this:

SubnetA <-> (tunnel) <-> SubnetB

what specific changes to the configuration and/or scripts (if any) are
required to change this into:

SubnetA <NAT> FakeSubnetA <-> (tunnel) <-> SubnetB

If searched the web but while I found lots of theoretical explanations
how this can be accomplished but no practical examples how this is set
up using strongswan.

Regards,
  Dennis