[strongSwan] received retransmit of response with ID 0, but next request already sent

Axel Zöllich a.zoellich at kirsch.zoellich.de
Sun Oct 26 18:58:06 CET 2014

Thanks for your answer Thomas,

> On 10/23/2014 02:07 PM, Axel Zöllich wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2014, 17:49:16 schrieb Axel Zöllich:
> >> Right side reseted there "draytek vigor 2860" e voila: le tunnel
> >> c'etablit.
> >> I don't like this kind of solutions...
> >
> > but the right side is still resending a package (13 and 23)?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by 13 and 23. I can however
> see that again your peer is not responding to your first
> encrypted request (btw: the connection is supposed to be
> authenticated pre-shared keys).
13 and 23 are package numbers in the wireshark recording.

> Can you please do the following:
> 'ipsec stroke loglevel ike 4' # this should show us the
> keying material (unlike my first advice it's the ike
> facility, not the enc facility).

> Then try to get your draytek to initiate the connection
> so we can see if the packets can be
> a) decrypted
> b) authenticated using PSK
I'll ask the peer admin to do so tomorrow.

In my understanding with "auto=route" I put strongswan ipsec in listening mode
as it's awaiting packages. This should be suitable to allow the connection be
initiated by the draytek, shouldn't it?

conn jung
        ikelifetime=86400
        keylife=21600