[strongSwan] Output hangs, eventually completes

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu Oct 23 09:37:09 CEST 2014

John,

> Unfortunately, the logs don’t seem to provide much help. At 16:44:43, I
> executed ‘ps -ef’ on the server. It’s now 17:06:41 and I still don’t
> see all the output.

At this time there is actually nothing happening at the IKE level, hence
I've my doubts that it is actually related to the IKE daemon.

Most likely some packet loss is involved for your TCP stream somewhere
on your link. Interesting would be to find where packets get dropped
(during encapsulation, decapsulation or somewhere in-between, and in
which direction). Attaching a packet sniffer on both ends could help to
analyze what exactly is happening; using null-encryption for testing
could help to see your TCP streams.