[strongSwan] ipsec stroke loglevel any -1 invalid option

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Tue Oct 14 09:57:10 CEST 2014

Noel,

> Can anyone elaborate on why "ipsec stroke loglevel any -1"
> gives me "invalid option", but it works with the individual
> subsystems?

> Try
> > ipsec stroke -- loglevel any

I think the tip of Thomas is correct; you'll have to terminate the
argument list before adding "-1" as option.

I can't find any behavioral difference for the "any" or an explicit
subsystem.

> "ipsec stroke -- loglevel any" doesn't work and returns  status 2

Of course you'll then have to add the loglevel, such as:

> ipsec stroke -- loglevel any -1

> "ipsec stroke loglevel any _1" works just fine.

No, it doesn't in my test. The simple argument parsing just uses atoi(),
which results in 0 when converting "_1"; probably not what you want.