[strongSwan] Phase 2: our client ID returned doesn't match my proposal betweetn two StrongSwans

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Wed Oct 8 13:38:42 CEST 2014

Hi Jakob,

In IKEv1 terminology the client IDs are traffic selectors
(a single host or an IPv4 or IPv6 subnet) which define which
local and remote subnets behind the gateways are to be connected
with each other over the tunnel. With IKEv2 these proposals must match
exactly. In your case it seems that the two IPsec endpoints propose
differing subnet defininitions.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org