[strongSwan] Charon crashing/core dump

Krishna G, Suhas (NSN - IN/Bangalore) suhas.krishna_g at nsn.com
Fri Nov 14 12:09:07 CET 2014

Hi,

I am encountering a problem when the charon is shutting down. Apparently when I am deleting all the rules, the charon instead of shutting down gracefully, is core dumping. Initially single tunnel is established and traffic is flowing. Then when I try to delete the last rule while traffic is still incoming, the crash occurs. Apparently a phase1 request from the other end while the charon is going down is making it to core dump. I tested this on a BCN setup with the initial tunnel setup between two EIPU nodes. Can anyone suggest a fix please.

Regards
Suhas Krishna