[strongSwan] dhcp plugin: mac address unpredictable?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Wed Mar 19 17:31:52 CET 2014

Hi Harri,

the MAC address does not change if the new certificate
has the same subjectDistinguishedName or subjectAlternativeName
chosen as the IKEv2 ID.

As an alternative you could explicitly register the client IKEv2 ID
as a dhcp-client-identifier attribute with your DHCP server
as in the following example scenario:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev2/dhcp-static-client-id/console.log

Best regards

Andreas