[strongSwan] IPv6 + Android

Claude Tompers claude.tompers at restena.lu
Mon Mar 17 09:35:29 CET 2014

Hello,

We have some issues with strongswan on Android phones.
The phone gets both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. When trying to connect to
the mail server (only available via VPN), it fails in IPv6 and does not
even fall back to IPv4. To get the connection to work we have to put the
IPv4 addresses instead of DNS names into the mail client.

Both IPv6 and IPv4 are known to work with other clients, for example
strongswan on Linux.

Is this a known issue with strongswan/Android ? Are there some tweaks
to get this to work ?

kind regards,
Claude

--