[strongSwan] Issue with transmission of IKE DELETE INFORMATIONAL request messages during shutdown under high load

Chinmaya Dwibedy ckdwibedy at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 14:41:25 CEST 2014

Hi,

Recently during my scalability testing of charon with strongswan
version 5.0.4 and load tester plugin. I observed that after establishment of the tunnels (20,000 IPsec
tunnels),  if I trigger the #ipsec stop
command, it should suppose to send 20k IKE DELETE INFORMATIONAL  request messages to its peer. But I find , it
sends 14k messages  (approximately) only.

Note that, with 1000 IPsec tunnels, I do not see this issue. Can
anyone please confirm that, whether it is an issue with strongswan ? If yes, is
there any patch available? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chinmaya