[strongSwan] StrongSwan and Android

Alex Gregory alex at c2company.com
Mon Jul 14 23:56:24 CEST 2014

Hello-

After much searching on the internet I am looking for a definitive answer from the source.

I have successfully configured iOS devices to VPN into my StrongSwan test environment in Amazon.  I have also gotten the StrongSwan client to work on Android 4.4.2 (which tells me my certificate creation is good for both sides).  My question is if there is any way to have Android clients connect with the native IPSec client in Android?  When in the native IPsec client in Android it will not let me pick the installed certificate that the StrongSwan client can see just fine.

Thank you for your time.

Alex