[strongSwan] "no peer config found" but it's all there. What's wrong here?

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Mon Jul 14 11:13:19 CEST 2014

charon: 06[CFG] peer config match remote: 0 (ID_KEY_ID -> 6b:72:30:35)

> The peer identity types don't match, the client uses ID_KEY_ID whereas
> you use FQDN with your rightid setting of
>
>>       rightid=kr05
> Try the following to force the identity type to ID_KEY_ID:
>
> 	rightid=@#6b:72:30:35
Ah, great, that was it. Actually you can select the ID type in the GUI
of the router but this does not to have any effect...
Thank you for the tip.
BTW, how can I force the other types? Or did I miss that in the
documentation?

Best regards,
Jakob Curdes