[strongSwan] URI for crl in ldap directory question

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Jan 17 10:46:34 CET 2014

Greetings,

I am trying to configure an ldap server to place a crl therein and I am having
doficulty specifing the URI of the crl file

The ldap directory    will have  a dn   such as the following
dn: cn=Example CRL,ou=services,dc=example,dc=com

I have a crl  file  in def form ( i.e. crl.der ) and the ldif crl.ldif
looks something like this:-
certificateRevocationList;binary:< file:///path/to/crl.der

and added to the database like so:-
ldapmodify -x -W -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -f crl.ldif

The strongswam docs have the following   when using ldap to store crls:-
    distPts: ldap://ldap.strongswan.org/o=Linux strongSwan, c=CH
                  ?certificateRevocationList?base
                  ?(objectClass=certificationAuthority

I do not know how to specify the URI   for my 'certificateRevocationList' in
the   de=example.dc=com
ldap server setup as shown above.

Help/guidance would be appreciated.

sincerely