[strongSwan] iOS devices behind NAT not working

Marcelo Barbudas nostef at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 04:36:56 CET 2014

Hi.

I have a setup with two iPhones behind a NAT router connecting to a
strongswan server.

It seems like one connection works, and the second one doesn't. When I
try to tcpdump the traffic I see the server making a request to
reverse dns the ip and then nothing happens. There are no relevant
messages in syslog.

A while back, on a different wifi, I would see messages like
Retransmitting message with id #0.

Can it be related to the NAT translation done by the router? Is there
a way around this or could you please point me in a direction for
testing it?

-R.