[strongSwan] I am having a hard time figuring out how to configure Strong Swan to use X509 certs

John Lewis oflameo2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 23:42:23 CET 2014

I am configuring Strongswan on my Barrier Breaker Openwrt router with
rsa keys I generated with easy-rsa. I am using Strongswan 5.0.4-1 with
the standard configuration files (ipsec.conf, ipsec.secrets, ipsec.user,
strongswan.conf).

I read threw the wiki, but I still don't know how to use rsa keys, I
know how to use psk keys though. The wiki did tell me what the ambiguous
left and right meant though. Could you tell how configure StrongSwan
with rsa keys.