[strongSwan] Is a chained client-server VPN possible?

Tim Soderstrom strongswan at moocowproductions.org
Mon Dec 29 17:02:21 CET 2014

I have a VPN server which handles both a client/server and a site-to-site and have been trying to figure out how to get the client/server to see the network across the site to site. On the client connections, I include the remote IP range in ‘leftsubnet’ but I suspect their is either an ordering problem or maybe an iptables issue. StrongSWAN does add a forward from my client range to the remote range though, so I’m not sure what I’m missing. The site to site itself works like a champ so it’s just getting the client/server VPN to see it.

Is there any documentation on this, or any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Tim