[strongSwan] "IDir does not match" for same strings; Trouble setting up connection to a Fritz Box

Marcel marcel at istbeiuns.de
Wed Dec 10 21:51:37 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm having some trouble setting up an IKEv1 connection between strongSwan and my Fritz box (using the web interface, not configuration files). This is the error that I get:

IDir '<redacted>.selfhost.eu' does not match to '<redacted>.selfhost.eu'

Both strings that I've replaced by <redacted> are equal in the output. This error message confuses me profoundly. Is there any way I can improve the output to show what has actually been compared and deemed unequal by strongSwan? Do you have any other pointers for me to check?

This is my configuration file:

conn mak
    aggressive=no
    left=198.52.abc.def