[strongSwan] user certificate could not be found via windows 7 vpn connect

s s y52 at europe.com
Sat Aug 30 17:24:54 CEST 2014

Yes, we are running it successfully on the corporate network with Win7/8 workstations.
The majour Win7/8 limitations are:
certificates should comply with certain requirements
http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Win7CertReq

Once you generated them correctly, it runs almost smoothly. We load them locally on the server to avoid fragmentation.
You would also need to add manually the route to your remote site from your Win workstation after connection is established.

Also some networks block the packets and the connection can not be established. So try debugging it on a trusted infrastructure before you put it to production.

Regards,
Serge

----
jotpe jotpe.osm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 15:02:12 CEST 2014

Dear list,

after all my fails, I read the
https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Windows7 article
again, slowly.

>  is therefore able to interoperate with a strongSwan VPN gateway

Does anybody established a peer-to-peer connection Linux strongswan and a
Win7 client?

Best regards
Johannes