[strongSwan] ipv4 and IPv6 traffice H2H ikev2 ipv6 strongswan -help

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sat Aug 30 09:08:12 CEST 2014

Greetings,

I have an application where I want  to use strongswan Host-to-Host
configuration (IKev2)    (
http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ipv6/host2host-ikev2/ )
Both  ends have IPv6//and IPv4-enabled  interfaces.  I want to send  both IPv6
and IPv4-addressed  packets across the tunnel

I dont know if I can use  IP6tables for the IPv6-addressed packets and
IPtables for the IPv4-addressed pakets  across the single tunnel
as  there are  differences in the  netfilter syntaxes

OR
whether I need two tunnels  the other one being
(  http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev2/host2host-cert/ )

Advice would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely
luxInteg