[strongSwan] [Strongswan] SubjectAltname given in leftid not going in IDi payload

Sriram sriram.ec at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 17:08:56 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to establish ipsec tunnel using certificate authentication. I
am using strongswan 5.1.1 on both the peers.

I have configured leftid parameter in ipsec.conf to be

leftid = <subject Altname from certificate>

Here subject Altname is the FQDN.

On both the peers I have configured left id as above.

IKE_AUTH happens and tunnel gets established. However in IDi payload,
Subject Altname is not going, instead Full Subject name is exchanged.

Can u please let me know the reason behind this ? In between I saw the
below log,

2014-08-14T13:12:29+00:00 (none) charon: 05[CFG]   id '123456789ABC at abc.com'
not confirmed by certificate, defaulting to 'C=IN, ST=KAR, L=BLR,
O=ABC,OU=Networking, CN=123456789ABC..

How to overcome this situation ?

Regards,
Sriram