[strongSwan] Startup with strongSwan 5.2.0

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Wed Aug 6 10:03:31 CEST 2014

> I just took everything which "make install" created, to the target i.e
> the following directories bin  etc  lib  libexec  sbin  share In
> lib/ipsec/plugins, I see a lot of *.a and *.la files, but they seem
> more like for static linking for development purposes I don't see any
> plugin like files in libexec

As you did not pass --enable-monolithic to configure, you should have
separate plugin files in ipsec/plugins. These are named
libstrongswan-<plugin>.so. They should definitely get installed during
"make install", make sure to copy them to your target.

If you don't have any *.so files, you should check your toolchain if it
properly generates dynamically linked libraries.