[strongSwan] Is a trusted man in the middle possible with ipsec ike v2 tunnel mode?

Noel Kuntze noel at familie-kuntze.de
Mon Apr 21 22:46:49 CEST 2014

Hello Bob,

Then just add the IP of the security gateway to the box on the first side of the sat link and set up an ipsec daemon there. Then create a route for the traffic over the sat link to the other side of it and do the same thing there. You also need to somehow get the states between the two distinct tunnels synchronised, so the first side doesn't notice you mitm the connection. You just need the authentication data (rsa key pair, passphrase, user/password pair, ...) and a fitting configuration of the targeted gateway to impersonate it.

Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key id: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658