[strongSwan] server initiated ipsec rekey

Ding Jay-RHB783 jay.ding at motorolasolutions.com
Wed Sep 25 21:29:30 CEST 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am facing a strange problem with child_sa rekeying. About 15 minutes after init and auth successes, StrongSwan sends create_child_sa to rekey the child sa. But the message id is reset to 0 and neither initiator nor response flag is set. I don't think it is right according to standard. But I do see a replying from Martin that addresses this topic in 2007. So I don't know if it is caused by my configuration or my Strongswan is too old.

My system is Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS and Strongswan is "Linux strongSwan V4.5.2/K3.5.0-23-generic".

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jay