[strongSwan] OS X strongSwan client

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Wed Sep 18 15:32:56 CEST 2013

> > Sometimes it works for days, sometimes it does not, might be a bug.

> Now itconnected without having changed anything. :)

It seems that I can reliably reproduce this issue: by rebooting my Mac.
On the first attempt it always fails, subsequent attempts are
successful.

Unfortunately changing the timeout value does not help. But it seems
that just the first notification gets lost (kernel bug?). A workaround
could be to install a dummy IP on a tun device just to remove it
afterwards.

I've pushed a new release [1] that adds such a workaround. Even if it is
not very elegant, it works fine here.

[1]http://download.strongswan.org/osx/strongswan-5.1.0-4.app.zip