[strongSwan] OS X strongSwan client

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Wed Sep 18 14:31:01 CEST 2013

> virtual IP 158.64.122.140 did not appear on utun1
> installing virtual IP 158.64.122.140 failed

I've seen this a few times as well. This happens after installing the
virtual IP, but the Kernel does not propagate this change back to
userland using PF_ROUTE. The daemon can't continue installing the
policies if the IP does not appear (at least with PF_KEY).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce it reliably. Sometimes it works
for days, sometimes it does not, might be a bug. I'll do some additional
testing; maybe just increasing the (hardcoded) timeout helps.