[strongSwan] site-to-site tunnel failing

Vernon Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Mon Sep 16 23:50:49 CEST 2013

I have a site-to-site ipsec ikev1 tunnel, both strongswan and both Gentoo Linux kernel 3.10.7.  Both have the same version of iptables.  However, after about 1 hour, the tunnel rekeys and then no traffic is passed.  I have to restart one or the other for the Child_sa to start.  Is there something specific that I need to add to the configuration to keep the tunnel up and running.  It does appears to be related to rekeying, it dies just after.

Vernon