[strongSwan] trouble with the traffic selector

Ccf Cloud ccfcloud at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 20:13:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

Okay that makes sense now.

I've another question.

Once the tunnel gets established between the Gateway and the Android
device, I want to allow the internet access
for the android device through the gateway. Currently after the tunnel
establishment, my android device is able to reach
the gateway but not the next hop (gateway/router through which I get
Internet connection on the Gateway). I added the
static route in the router to route back packets for the android device to
the gateway but my android device is still unable
to reach the router and hence the internet.

Please suggest some thing in this regards

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Mihai Maties <mihai at xcyb.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Ccf Cloud <ccfcloud at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Okay so that explains the presence of the routes. But what about all the
>> ESP packets going through wlan0 interface. Shouldn't they go through the
>> tun0?
>>

> Martin already mentioned that this is the correct behavior:
>
>  > With this when I run tcpdum on both tun0 and wlan0, I see all the ESP
>>>
>>> I'd say that's the idea; plain packets go over the virtual adapter,
>>> encrypted ones over your physical connection.
>>

> ESP packets == "encrypted packets", so this is OK.
>

> Best regards,
> Mihai

--Thanks & Regards
       Sam