[strongSwan] Issues with kernel-libipsec and \32

Tobias Guggemos tobias.guggemos at stud.ifi.lmu.de
Fri Oct 25 16:50:55 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am working on a research project where we compare performances of a VPN
connection with ipsec in kernel space with ipsec in user space.

The Tunnel session is set between a client and a server for HTTP traffic,
thus we are using subnet /32.

The client uses Ubuntu 12.04 and strongswan 5.1.0. While testing
configuration we are using Virtual box for the client.

[wiki.strongswan.org/issues/380] seems to fix that problem. However we
still have the same error. We would like to be sure version 5.1.0  got
patched.

Attached find my configuration files and the charon log.
can't install route for 10.193.160.221/32 === 10.193.160.114/32[tcp/http]
out, conflicts with IKE traffic

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to configure this setup?

Thanks in advance!
Tobias