[strongSwan] strongswan behind ec2 classic and iOS client issue

WorkingMan signup_mail2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 21:29:38 CEST 2013

I made some progress and I am having a different issue now. The problem it
seems that p12 file i had was not enough for iOS (not sure why). I had to
install CA's cert to make iOS connect to VPN (after CA's cert installation
client cert becomes trusted by iOS not sure if that's the reason why it
worked).

After client is connected I don't have DNS setup on client side (used net
analyzer app to see that on iOS). So I fooled around dns setting in
strongswan.conf and it wouldn't work (not pushed to client). I had to add
rightdns=<ip> in ipsec.conf to make it work (does this setting accept
multiple DNS?).

So half of the issue is completed. I still can't connect when the phone is
on 3G (but WIFI is fine; so NAT on either end, from Amazon, and from local
router). I suspect there is a routing issue.

Thanks

Thanks in advance