[strongSwan] regarding adding connections

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Fri Oct 11 23:04:23 CEST 2013

You are right. If a connection is set to auto=ignore then it is not
added via the stroke interface. auto=ignore is either used if you
want do disable a connection but still keep the definition in ipsec.conf
or if this connection definition is imported by other connections via
the also= option. So if you have

conn c0
  auto=ignore #this is the default if auto= is missing

conn c1
  also=c0
  auto=start

conn c2
  also=c0
  auto=start

then c1 and c2 are started automatically but c0 is neither started
nor added.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org