[strongSwan] Multiple Child_SAs are causing traffic drop

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Tue Oct 1 10:12:34 CEST 2013

> From the Charon log (vpn-57-122.log) I see that the SPI the Checkpoint
> is using (line 598) has been established later that the one used by
> strongswan (line 523), so I would assume that strongswan uses the
> older SPI.

I don't agree. The CHILD_SA {404} was established at line 119 along with
IKE_AUTH initiated by charon, line 589 shows just (one of two) rekeyings
of the same CHILD_SA established earlier. {458} gets established by
Checkpoint on line 291, and gets rekeyed at line 523.

Probably Checkpoint uses the "last SA rekeyed", while strongSwan uses
the "last SA established".