[strongSwan] FW: Query on IKEv1 certificate request payload .

Vinay Prabhakar M vinay.prabhakar.ext at nsn.com
Thu Nov 28 09:33:35 CET 2013

Hi  Martin,

In IKEv1 main mode negotiation we noticed that, the certificate request
payload did not have Certificate Authority Data.

 We checked the ipsec.conf strongswan documentation and we did not find any
specific setting required for this certificate other than including the
required CA cert in /ipsec.d/cacerts/ , X.509 end entity certificates in
/ipsec.d/certs and the private key in /ipsec.d/private/.

  Could you please let me know if this is as expected or if anything
specific needs to be changed to get this working with the appropriate
Certificate Authority Data? I am currently using strongswan version 4.5.3.

Thanks,

Vinay