[strongSwan] understanding openswan

Marcelo Barbudas nostef at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 19:21:22 CET 2013

Hi.

I'm coming from the world of OpenVPN and having a hard time
understanding how to implement some features using strongswan.

I have been googling and reading docs. I still have some questions
that I can't figure out.

1) If I create a host-to-net vpn (iOS to Debian) can I make the client
(iOS) NOT send all the traffic through the VPN? I'd like only the
communication with certain hosts to be over VPN
2) Can I push my own DNS server with custom entries for the local network?
3) Left vs Right what's the easiest way to create a host-to-net?

Again, I apologize for the beginner questions. I respect your time and
have been RTFM-ing around.

-M.