[strongSwan] EAP Radius

Raoul Duke rduke496 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 17:46:07 CET 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Martin Willi <martin at strongswan.org> wrote:

>> So if I don't see a RADIUS auth attempt when I add "rightgroups" then
>> how could it ever determine the group to know if it would match.
>
> It won't, and the connection just does not match if that group
> membership is not determined.

We must be talking at cross purposes.  Im saying:

* when I leave out the "rightgroups" constraint I see a RADIUS auth
attempt.  All good.
* when I add "rightgroups" constraint to the connection I don't see a
RADIUS auth attempt

If the group membership is determined via a RADIUS auth reply and the
RADIUS lookup is not even done then how can the latter case ever work?

> However, rightgroups is a generic concept, not directly related to
> RADIUS. You could get that group membership information from a different
> backend, for example from a custom XAuth handler.

ok - so in the configuration I have what is the right way for it to
deem the user group membership?  I feel like I'm missing something
fundamental.  Is my configuration wrong for this purpose?

Thanks.