[strongSwan] User groups

Raoul Duke rduke496 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 01:31:10 CET 2013

Hi,

I have dozens (potentially hundreds) of user groupings.   I would like to
assign each group an IP block/range so I can identify the groups in
upstream proxy logs etc.

I'm aware that the recommended solution for identifying users by group is:

http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/EAPRAdius

My questions are:
1] is the EAP Radius setup compatible with IOS clients (ikev1).  I have
read that EAP is a ikev1 concept so my assumption was that it may not work.
 Can you please clarify?

2] in the above Wiki the traffic selectors for each group are in the config
file. Can the group to traffic selector mappings be configured more
dynamically somehow/? (e.g.
http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/SQL -  if so is this a
stable plugin?)