[strongSwan] Running multiple charon daemons

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu May 23 10:17:31 CEST 2013

Hi Francois,

> Anyway, these variables seems to be hard coded in charon (at ./configure
> time). As IKEv2 support is really required, I was wondering if I missed
> something. Is there any way to change these parameters on a per-process
> basis?

No, these paths are hard coded, there are currently no runtime options.

Unix control sockets are set up by the plugin, and it is quite difficult
to pass command line arguments to them. So instead we probably should
just add an option for a strongswan.conf, which then may contain custom
paths for control sockets, pid file etc.

> Or maybe have you plan to make charon netns aware?

We had some discussions about integrated netns support, but no,
currently there are no concrete plans for implementing it (this might
change if someone is willing to sponsor the development).

Kind Regards