[strongSwan] Newbie and overwhelmed

Jonathan Zuilkowski j_zuilkowski at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 16:54:44 CEST 2013

Hi folks.  I'm trying to set up a vpn server for our customers and I'm kind of flooded by a ton of disconnected info.
This is what I'm looking to do:

server centos 6.xserve ikev2pre shared secret password
clientsshrewsoft vpn client

Currently I'm just trying to get a connection to the host working.  Eventually this will be script generated behind the scenes of a customer portal.
I'm finding a ton of options and scenarios for pki, different devices, etc., but I'm not seeing anything straightforward and simple.  Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place or I'm not understanding the terminology.  Can someone point the way to me?
Previously I've set up cisco vpn concentrators, juniper to juniper vpns, juniper and cisco to end client, and openbsd.  So I'm not completely new to this, but I'm baffled by what I see here.
Thank you-Jon