[strongSwan] DES in Strongswan

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue May 7 19:56:14 CEST 2013

Hi,

we don't allow single DES for IKE but the Linux kernel is offering DES
for ESP.

If you are concerned about your IPsec peer selecting weak algorithms
just use the ike= and esp= configuration options with the '!' strict
 flag which will exclude any ciphers you don't want to be selected.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)