[strongSwan] Aggressive Mode. Rekeying fails

Gerald Richter - ECOS richter at ecos.de
Tue Mar 12 10:31:56 CET 2013

Hi Martin,

as we know specs are the one side and Cisco is the other side...

One could argue that the " ISAKMP SA that was used to secure the request" does not expire, but is renewed, also I am aware that this is not the strict interpretation.

Since the rekeying fails in the mode_config state, I would like to test, if it goes through if we do not request a new ip.

Is there any chance in the xauth/mode_config code to distinguish between an initial key exchange and a rekeying. If yes, how? If you could give me a hint, I would create a patch and see if this changes anything.

Thanks & Regards

Gerald