[strongSwan] The memory of charon process abnormal

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Mar 11 11:39:21 CET 2013

Hi,

Please don't double-post to the bug tracker and the mailing list,
reporting issues in one place is sufficient.

> 937[ENC] parsed IKE_SA_INIT request 61 [ SA KE No V ]
> 937[IKE] received message ID 61, expected 0. Ignored

> I want to know why the memory of charon keep rising?

It seems that charon does not clean up the IKE_SA state in this very
specific case where IKE_SA_INIT does not have message ID 0. I've fixed
this bug with [1].

> The second problem, we modify some fields of the IKE INIT and
> send out to linux with instrument. Then strongswan seems abnormal
> because it couldn’t handle the following normal IKE INIT packet. Why
> such abnormal IKE INIT packet lead to the strongswan couldn’t handle
> the following normal IKE INIT packet

You'll have to provide some more details what is happening to analyze
this issue. Are these IKE_SA_INITs for the same IKE_SA? Using the same
SPI? What does charon log for the first and the second IKE_SA_INIT
message?

[1]http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=commitdiff;h=8f727d80