[strongSwan] iOS (iPad) connections without xauth

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Tue Mar 5 16:38:16 CET 2013

On Feb 28, 2013, at 4:55 AM, Peter van Liesdonk <pvl at compumatica.eu> wrote:

> You can actually
> 1) disable xauth by including XAuthEnabled=0 in the mdm profile's ipsec
> section
> 2) include the user/pass in the profile by including XAuthName and
> XAuthPassword in the profile
>
> - It is not possible to disable xauth via the iOS interface itself; only
> via a profile.
>
> - even if you don't preconfigure the user/pass for xauth, iOS will save
> them  after the first successful connect.

Have you been able to make this work? I tried several variations on the mobileconfig profile and no matter what I could not get iOS 6.1.x or OS X 10.8.x to work with XAuthEnabled=0. If you have made it working, I'd love to see a sample profile and corresponding ipsec.conf.

--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net
http://brian.mastenbrook.net/