[strongSwan] Specifying device interface name to create the IPSec tunnel

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue Mar 5 14:19:19 CET 2013

Hi,

> When we were using the earlier strongswan releases, there was an option
> of *interfaces_use*  in strongswan.conf to set the device interface to
> be used for creating the
> tunnel. Now, in this case with the Strongswan VPN Client code (fetched
> from src/frontends/android) since we are not using the strongswan.conf,
>  I was wondering if there is any way to achieve the same functionality?

You could set strongswan.conf options from code by using the set_*
methods on the lib->settings object.  The problem is though that the
strongSwan VPN Client currently doesn't use the charon.interfaces_*
options.  You could try to add a similar functionality by changing one
of the following files:

Android-specific kernel_net_t implementation:
  ./src/frontends/android/jni/libandroidbridge/kernel/android_net.c

Network manager (C and Java parts, glued together via JNI):
  ./src/frontends/android/jni/libandroidbridge/kernel/network_manager.c

./src/frontends/android/src/org/strongswan/android/logic/NetworkManager.java

Regards,
Tobias