[strongSwan] Does charon-cmd allow tearing down of tunnels?

reeuwijk reeuwijk at few.vu.nl
Tue Jul 30 17:52:47 CEST 2013

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply!

> it does not offer a way to tear down the tunnel again. That's a pity,
> > because for my purposes that is essential. Am I overlooking something?
> > Is there a workaround?
>
> Just hit ^C (or send SIGINT) to terminate the process and close active
> tunnels.

From your reply I understand that charon-cmd keeps running while the tunnel is active. If so, may I suggest that you say so explicitly in the man page? I thought that the command would stop as soon as the tunnel was established, and I think I'm not the only one.

Similarly, from you reply I understand that one can establish multiple tunnels with a single charon-cmd? If so, it is also worth saying explicitly, I think.

Some additional examples in the man page would be very helpful too!

Anyway, charon-cmd looks very helpful for my problem. Thanks for adding it!

--
Dr. Ir. Kees van Reeuwijk, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam