[strongSwan] Enhance strongswan code to support multiple namespaces with single strongswan instance

narayana rao katakamsetti narayana_k at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 11 16:28:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm new to the strongswan code.

I want to enhance strongswan code to support multiple namespaces with single instance, instead of running each strongswan instance for ever namespace created in the kernel. In our case, namespaces are created/deleted dynamically at runtime.

My queries are

Is it possible to do those enhancements in current strongswan architecture?

I need information about socket_dynamic, shall I use these socket_dynamic for create/delete sockets and bind it to that namespace using setns() dynamically whenever namespace created/delete in the kernel?

I want to load configuration file corresponding to that namespace(ex. ipsec_ns1.conf) dynamically i.e whenever namespace is created, load the configuration and whenever namespace is deleted, delete the corresponding namespace configuration.  Shall I use the function confread_file(filename) to load the configuration?

Thanks,
Narayana