[strongSwan] strongswan 5.0.1 ipsec configuration load issue

yordanos beyene yordanosb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 00:12:15 CET 2013

Hi Everyone,

I am unable to load strongswan.conf after I upgraded from SS v5.0.0 to SS v
5.0.0.  See an example below.
Any tips how to resolve this issue. Was there any enhancement or change
from version 5.0.0. that may be affecting and I need to import.

##### ipsec.conf load error #####
root at jor:~# ipsec start
Starting strongSwan 5.0.0 IPsec [starter]...
/var/tmp/shells/ipsec.conf:3: syntax error [
]
unable to start strongSwan -- fatal errors in config
root at jor:~#

####ipsec.conf is below ; line 3 refers to the start of "config setup"#####

root at jor:~# more /etc/ipsec.conf
# /etc/ipsec.conf - strongSwan IPsec configuration file

config setup

conn %default
        ikelifetime=60m
        keylife=20m