[strongSwan] https website problem

Andre Valentin avalentin at marcant.net
Fri Jan 18 08:26:09 CET 2013

Hi Steven,

you should use MSS Clamping to limit your MTU in the tunnel.Use IPtables
for this.

André

Am 18.01.2013 05:09, schrieb steven liu:
> Dear All,
>
> We have set up an ipsec vpn tunnel between an iphone and a strongswan
> vpn server by following the strong wiki guide. It works if we use
> iphone to access http website. But iphone cannot access any https
> website. We also use wireshark to capture packets in the strongswan
> vpn server. It shows some "TLS Encrypted Alert" packets. Any help much
> appreciated!
>
> Tks.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
André Valentin
Projektkoordination / Systemadministration

MarcanT GmbH, Ravensberger Str. 10 G, D - 33602 Bielefeld
Fon: +49 (521) 95945-0 | Fax -18

Geschäftsführer: Thorsten Hojas
Handelsregister: AG Bielefeld, HRB 35827 USt-ID Nr.: DE 190203238
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the
email address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If
you are not the addressee of this email you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this email in error please email the sender by
replying to this message.