[strongSwan] Integrating radius with strongswan.

Azfar Hashmi azfar.hashmi at cloudways.com
Mon Feb 18 15:05:51 CET 2013

Hi,

I am using Strongswan 4.5.2 (Debian Squeeze) with xauthrsasig auth type.
Now I want to replace ipsec.secrets and put a radius server. Currently
my setup is identical to below.

http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/IOS_%28Apple%29

I am going to use following as a referecne to implement radius but I
need some help and want to clear few things.

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev1/xauth-rsa-eap-md5-radius/

1) Can I still use xauth+rsa as a auth mechanism with eap-radius plugin.

2) Do I need to recompile strongswan for eap-radius plugin or Debian 6
comes with it. Guess its already there
"/usr/lib/ipsec/plugins/libstrongswan-eap-radius.so"

3) I want to use single server for both radius and strongswan, what is
the role of strongswan.conf in *"alice"*?

4) To use xauth+rsa with eap-radius (on single server) what changes
should I made in my current ipsec.conf?

Thanks in advance.

--

AzfarHashmi