[strongSwan] Error while loading shared libraries: libstrongswan.so.0:

Sasikanth babu sasikanth.v19 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 05:44:15 CET 2013

Hi all,

   I had cross-compiled strongswan 5.0.0 as part of my filesystem. but when
I tried to start ipsec I am getting below error.
 *  /usr/lib/ipsec/starter: error while loading shared libraries:
libstrongswan.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory*
   but I could see library is present under /usr/lib64/ipsec/. I had added
strongswan.conf (with line /usr/lib64/ipsec) under /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ and
ran ldconfig to make it work.
   I don't want to do this all the time, is there any way i can avoid
running ldconfig because most of the time i dont get bash prompt to run all
these commands.

   With strongswan's 4.4.0 I didn't face any issue, since the libs are
installed under /usr/lib64/.

Thanks
Sasi